Leaderboard
728x15

Master or Slave? (Flash Question)

Large Rectangle

Some cool flash photo images:


Master or Slave? (Flash Question)
flash photo
Image by Christine ™
I took a flash photography class last night with Elaine, and it illuminated one thing (get it? Illuminated? Ha!) - I need a real flash. Especially for indoor photos. I've known this for awhile; it was actually part of why I wanted to take the Photo II class I was originally going to take this semester. I wanted to learn how to properly use a flash. Now I know a lot more than I did yesterday about using one, about operating my camera in manual mode, about the histogram, about so much more than just using a flash.

Yeah, it was a good class.

So which one should I get? The Canon Speedlite 580EX which can be a master? Or the Canon Speedlite 430EX which can only be a slave?

Help.



embrace
flash photo
Image by ISOtob
This is an xray of my lungs I recently had to do - luckily it turned out to be fine. Because we live in the 21st century, the doctors don't deal with actual prints anymore but with CDs, which was the perfect chance for me to get the pictures digital right away. So there was no way around using them for something... an experiment I don't know I feel comfortable with.

Setup: Flash to the left shot through umbrella, flash on the right through a self-made snoot. Textures from lostandtaken.com/

View On Black

Banner