Leaderboard
728x15

Palisades Carousel West Nyack , New York June 2009

Large Rectangle

Some cool york photo images:


Palisades Carousel West Nyack , New York June 2009
york photo
Image by Nino.Modugno
One of 140 handcarved carousels remaining in the world from a total of about 14,000.

It was built by a master carver Leo Zoller in 1907.

It is handmade, deep-relief and hand painted.

As of June 14th 2009 it will no longer be around at the Palisades Mall for people of all ages to enjoy.

The company who owns the carousel, Historic Carousel, has not had their 10 year lease renewed.

The closest antique carousel is in Central Park, Manhattan.


I was warned after I took this photo by the security there at the mall that if I took pictures I would be arrested. That this was private property.


Soo very beautiful. It was worth being threatened with arrest.

They claimed that my taking photos was a "security issue". Because I could be taking images of the fundamental structure of the mall.

This is listed on the National Register of Historic Places


I wonder where it will end up next.....?

A MUST SEE LARGER: B l a c k M a g i c

As seen in EXPLORE


Entering the MoMA, New York City
york photo
Image by Flavia_FF
december 2009, an hour before the opening to the public

View Large On White

Banner