Leaderboard
728x15

Searching (Black-necked Stilt)

Large Rectangle

Check out these image search images:


Searching (Black-necked Stilt)
image search
Image by cobalt123
Gilbert Riparian Preserve, solitary bird at the Golden Hour. The slight pink clouds reflect in the pond as this one stilt searches diligently for food in the shallow pond. This time of year the ponds are fairly shallow and several areas of the preserve have not been filled with water. To find the ID of this bird, I searched the amazing long list on the Gilbert Riparian Preserve website. I've got a new extension with my Firefox browser called "Learn More". One just hovers over any term on the list and can see the reference image load. Clicking on the "Learn More" tag reveals an image and then you can easily ID the bird. It only took me 15 tries before finding it: "Black-necked Stilt (Himantopus mexicanus)". Everything you may want to know about the Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch link: www.riparianinstitute.org/default.cfm

FYI: I use the add-on called Apture 2.0.0, available here: (look at these screenshots)
www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Apture-Highlights-Scree...
Google has purchased this company so I am not sure how long we will be able to use this add-on the way it is now. I do know you can get the Chrome extension and the Firefox extension at this time. The first screen shot shows the small "Learn More" icon appearing above whatever term you have highlighted. When you see it you may select images, video, or explore. I find I don't even have to select one of those for the first small windows that appear within your webpage often works well.

Banner