Leaderboard
728x15

Nice Photo Lights photos

Large Rectangle

Check out these photo lights images:


Daily Disney - Bokeh Wednesday - Rock 'N' Roller Marbles
photo lights
Image by Express Monorail
View On Black

See where this picture was taken. [?]

Late for Bokeh Wednesday... I missed on the focus a little on this shot, but I still liked the abstract look it provides. These are the marbles on the doors in the queue of Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith.

Bokeh
Bokeh describes the rendition of out-of-focus points of light. Differing amounts of spherical aberration alter how lenses render out-of-focus points of light, and thus their bokeh. The word "bokeh" comes from the Japanese word "boke" (pronounced bo-keh) which literally means fuzziness or dizziness.

Quick EXIF:
Camera: Olympus E-P1 "Pen"
Lens: Panasonic LUMIX G 20mm f/1.7
Mode: Aperture Priority
Exposure: 1/45 sec
Aperture: f/1.7
Focal Length: 20mm (40mm full frame equivalent)
ISO: 400
Bias: -0.5 EV

Thanks for stopping by!

__________________________________________________________________

Disney Photo Challenge winner in "Creative Minds: Abstract Addiction" - thanks for your votes!


Airplanes Light Trails
photo lights
Image by JcOlivera.com
Today's proyect required lots of patience.
First I should say that I live near two airports (VNY/BUR) the nearest one is local and the second one with domestic flights, right outside my terrace I could hear when Airplanes are passing over my apartment, few months ago I was shooting car trails, the ones when you leave your shutter open for couple of seconds and you see the back/front lights of a car leaving a light trail, today I did the same concept but now using Airplanes instead of cars.

1) Setup my camera on a tripod using my Canon 40D with a 24-70 mm wide open I framed right on top of the building next to mine, I prefocused and leave it in manual focus, fired a couple of test shots until I was satisfied with the exposure, so the ideal setting was:

30 seconds at F/5.6, 100 iso and lots, lots of patience.

I started shooting at 6:17pm and the last shot was taken at 9:55pm ( There was not air traffic at that time, and since I had my window open I was freezing in my living room that's why I wrapped everything up few minutes before 10 pm)

Some of the light trails are from big and small planes, also a few choppers where flying around so I was paying attention to what was happening outside my window.

One thing I noticed is that the aiplanes heading to BUR (longest trails) they were flying at the same altitud, is like and invisible road, at one moment I saw 5 airplanes passing with a diference of minutes between each plane.

The white little spots are star trails.

2) at the end of the project I opened all 24 images in photoshop and place them one on top of the other in layers, then I started with the top layer and changing each layer to 'lighten' in the layers blend modes, then I merged all layers to get this final image.

I'm pretty happy with the result I migth go near BUR and spend the night shooting from a different perspective one of this nights.

last but not least... if you like it feel free to comment, share it and fav it!

Best!

Follow my updates on www.twitter.com/jcolivera

Banner