Leaderboard
728x15

Nice Photo Equipment photos

Large Rectangle

Some cool photo equipment images:


Day 1, Large wooden crates
photo equipment
Image by andyburnfield
great if you are a short photographer. I always find a use for these from a step stool to a table for the laptop.


Day 1, Hasselblad H1 Digital Camera
photo equipment
Image by andyburnfield
Lenses: 35mm, 50mm, 80mm, 150mm, and a crappy zoom.
3 extension tubes (poor man's macro)


Senior portrait, take one
photo equipment
Image by gwen
I had misgivings about the company her school hired to take senior portraits when they refused to give us a price sheet for anything but sitting fees [ per outfit/backdrop change for a five-minute cattle call session and we need to pay up if we want our child in the yearbook and that's all we need to know, muahahaha].

She brought home the proofs today and I am so disappointed, this is such a big deal for me because it's one of those things that I didn't get so it's important to me to give to her. She brings home eight proofs and she looks beautiful -- she is 17 and graduating and the world is hers, look at that great big genuine smile, if they could convert it to wattage, she could single-handedly solve the climate crisis...

But then I look harder and a dinger or two would be one thing but the photos are uniformly awful, the lighting is harsh and hideous, they made my daughter look orange, the focus is crap, don't even get me started on that tawdry background, and they somehow managed to give her a LAZY EYE in every single shot, when, like everything else about my daughter, the alignment of her eyes is, and has always been, perfect. And she says it's not just her, almost all her friends' have previously-unknown l@zy eyes or, arguably worse, POPEYES, can you imagine! their senior portraits!

I'm thinking 0-600 per package is kind of steep for photos that look like they were taken by a blind, arthritic Sears reject, so I'm trying to remember the name of the guy who did her grade school portraits, which were so elegant and beautiful, and am going to find out if he's someone we can afford. Or maybe I'll go buy some lights and try it myself, I can't possibly do any worse.

And I am open to recommendations, if you have any, I really only want a nice 8x10 or 11x14 for me and a couple dozen wallets for her. I just want a photo that is as beautiful as she is.

Banner