Leaderboard
728x15

More pictures from the old scrapbook I found at Goodwill: Blanche Sweet

Large Rectangle

A few nice picture images I found:


More pictures from the old scrapbook I found at Goodwill: Blanche Sweet
picture
Image by litlnemo
These are more pictures from the scrapbook I found at Goodwill a couple of months ago.

When I opened it up, I was amazed -- it is full of hundreds of clippings of movie and stage stars from about 1916.

Someone compiled a scrapbook from issues of Photoplay and other magazines. Many times she cut out the photographs precisely, and glued the images into the book. But most of the images are just loose, tucked between the pages.

The condition of the clippings is amazing. The paper is not brittle or yellowed. Wherever this book has been for the last 90 years, it was kept safe.

I am gradually photographing most of the items from the book. There are many, many more pictures, though.

This photo may also be seen here: www.things-and-other-stuff.com/movies/ephemera/1916-st-lo... Notice that the copy I have is a beautiful deep sepia-toned print while the ones pictured on that web page aren't.

Banner