Leaderboard
728x15

Thrifted Albums

Large Rectangle

A few nice photo album images I found:


Thrifted Albums
photo album
Image by Thrift Store Addict
I got lucky and was able to pick up a few albums I had my eye on over at the store by my workplace. Got a couple Gleason albums: "Music to Change Her Mind" and "Velvet Brass". The bonus find was "My Reverie" by The Three Suns. Sure made working on the weekend much easier..

: )

Not a bad day.

(Also found a book on "Made in Japan" ceramics with lots of great photos and information. Good add to the Pottery Library of mine.)


Röyksopp – Junior Album Redesign
photo album
Image by dylanroscover
A redesign for Röyksopp's latest album, Junior. An electronic band, Röyksopp describes their latest release as "youthful and energetic," an introspection on the modern relationship between nature and machine. Depicted to represent this are a girl (natural, left) and a robot (mechanical, right), and their struggling relationship. The overall color choice, graphic and typographic style is based on 80s music, which the album draws lots of similarities with. All elements within this composition are completely from scratch – of interest, I acquired many of the textures from stains in my oven and over-exposure-gone-wrong photos (further emphasizing the imperfect nature of humanity).


WW1 era snapshot album at Brighton - page 10
photo album
Image by whatsthatpicture
I had glanced through this album before - it's about 18 pages of small snapshots dating from the 1910s and seemingly all taken in Brighton - but is was only on a second viewing that the middle image just leapt out at me. Such a tender moment, so beautifully captured.

There are no names identified anywhere in the album, but inside the front cover there's a note from the censor which appears to read "Mrs M Ailion, 12A New Steine Mansions, St James St, Bton". It then says approved and passed and the date looks to be 31 August 1916.

See the full set at www.flickr.com/photos/whatsthatpicture/sets/7215763290202...

I have uploaded full page images at the highest resolution, but if you want detailed and enhanced views of any specific image them just ask.

Banner