Leaderboard
728x15

Triple Monitor Array - DVI Source from Dell XPS

Large Rectangle

Some cool image source images:


Triple Monitor Array - DVI Source from Dell XPS
image source
Image by acflynn
Monitors are (3) matching 20" Dell 2001FP. They're older, but I'm not wild about "wide screen" monitors. This view is a 4800x1200 pixel desktop from my Dell XPS using DVI inputs into the monitor. I switch source by using the source buttons on the front of the monitors. The VGA source is for my Lenovo ThinkPad T60, and one of the S-Video inputs is for the hidden Dell C840 laptop that's mounted inside the floor box (for emergencies only).

Mission control console created by hollowing out a Pottery Barn wall shelf, flipping it upside-down, and setting it on top of the wire-hiding floor box. I routed out a slot in the front, and there are 2 4-port USB hubs, along with a smoke-tinted plexiglass cover that hides the Motorola DOCSYS 3 modem, Linksys 802.11n wireless router, Microsoft wireless keyboard base, and Raritan 4-port USB KVM switch (though I use it primarily for the K+M). The lights really showed up better with my older modem and router - they were all bright green LEDs blinking - looked great at night.

Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II speakers are mounted to the sides of the monitor array.

Mouse is Logitech MX-something wireless laser.

Keyboard is Microsoft Wireless 3000 keyboard.

Mood lighting provided by an 18' strand of LED rope light


I Have Discovered The Physiological Source of All Happiness!
image source
Image by clotho98
I've always wondered why I was so silly. Then yesterday, while looking through a copy of my 2009 brain MRI, I was shocked to find my inner smiley face staring right back at me!

This is a completely unretouched copy of what I saw (even though I really really wanted to tint the little smiley face's nose red).

So there you have it. The next time someone tells me to get serious and quit joking around, I'll just show them this picture, and explain that doing so would be a physical impossibility.

Banner