Leaderboard
728x15

Homemade Telecaster Relic

Large Rectangle

Check out these photo book images:


Homemade Telecaster Relic
photo book
Image by ex_magician
My homemade Telecaster relic. It is a Fernandez telecaster with a Fender replacement neck and a custom decal. It might not be obvious from this photo but I worked quite a bit by various means to make this like a Fender "relic" and when people see this guitar in person they often ask, "What year is it?"

I took the body apart and left it out in the sun for days; I dragged it down the sidewalk; I studied photos of very old electric guitars from a book I have and sanded the finish off on the finger board and neck in a similar pattern; I put sandpaper on the front of my shirt and along my right sleeve and played it. In retrospect this sounds sort of dumb but I had a fun project and the guitar sounds great and looks and feels great. Plus at this point I don't feel like I need to baby it.

Banner